If your prospect enquiries are not populating leads in your Operate CRM, it can be due to either a configuration issue or to your inbox not allowing the email to move forward to Operate. We will look into each of these potential causes, broken down by types of leads.
Troubleshooting Configuration Issues
In order to enable Operate to receive your lead enquiries, there is an initial setup needed, which after completion should allow leads to come through continuously. The setup is different depending on the type of lead you are working with.
Troubleshooting LeadDADI configuration issues
The first and most important step in ensuring your LeadDADI leads are received within Operate is to go through the setup process. The steps that are most likely to prevent your leads from populating are:
- The forwarding of your emails, as mentioned in Step 1 of the setup guide linked above. You will need to forward all of your LeadDADI related emails to the address mentioned in your Operate Settings.
- You will need to make sure that LeadDADI is actually enabled. You can check this by going to Settings > General > Sales > LeadDADI and seeing if the 'Enable LeadDADI' checkbox is checked.
In addition, LeadDADI leads come through via an email message sent to your dedicated inbox, which contain an .xml file attachment. Here is what to check for to make sure your leads are well received:
- The XML attachment from the broker should be attached to the email - A missing attachment may determine that the lead is not well processed within Operate.
- The format of the attachment needs to be correct - As the attachment comes from LeadDADI, after the prospect has submitted a broker enquiry, the HTML fields and code should in theory be correct. However, it is worth sending a test email to your inbox, to ensure that everything is well formatted.
- The attachment needs to include the LeadDADI ID - which you can again find out by sending a test email.
- The attachment file needs to be titled leadDADI.XML - This should also be the case with all attachments and can be verified by testing.
If any of these criteria is not met, then the lead may not arrive in Operate or it may arrive as an unreadable lead, about which you can read more here.
Note: Your LeadDADI email address can be found in Settings > General > Sales > LeadDADI.
Troubleshooting Web to Lead
Web to Lead is a feature that allows you to integrate a lead capture form on your website, which will send your prospect enquiry information as a lead within Operate. Find out more about how to set it up!
Most Web to Lead issues are likely to be caused by an inaccurate form, which can be determined by either of the following:
- The form may have been modified in Operate without re-generating the HTML code and embedding it on your website again. If this is the case, the form may not work, as your Operate fields setup no longer corresponds to the form on your website, which does not allow the system to communicate to it correctly.
- The form code has been altered during styling/embedding - Please make sure that while your web designer styles and embeds the form on your website, the core code is not altered; otherwise the form will again not be able to communicate to the Operate system.
Troubleshooting Email Inbox Issues (LeadDADI only)
If LeadDadi is not pulling any leads through, it is also probable that the issue comes from your email exchange server. You can find out by following these steps:
- Send a test email to your LeadDADI address, listed under Settings > General > Sales > LeadDADI. Please ensure that your email contains an attachment .xml file - you can simply retrieve one from your previous incoming leads if any. If you have no way of retrieving a file, please either contact one of your brokers and request it or get in touch with our support.
- Check your external inbox and see if the email has been received. This inbox is the on you are forwarding email from, as part of Step 1 in the LeadDADI setup.
- Check Operate > Sales > Unreadable Leads and see if the lead in there.
Possible outcomes of the above tests:
- You are neither receiving the Operate lead nor the email message in your external inbox, then please check with your email provider to ensure that everything works correctly on their side.
- The Operate lead is not populated, but the email is received - Please check your email forwarding rules and/or filters to make sure that your inbox can send the LeadDADI emails to Operate..
- The Operate Lead is Unreadable - In this case, the attachment may have issues. Please follow the attachment troubleshooting steps, listed under the 'Troubleshooting LeadDADI configuration issues' section above.
If none of these solutions works, a firewall may be preventing Operate from accessing your mail server. Please escalate the issue to your IT department and make sure that the following IP address range can access your LeadDADI mailbox:
- 18.104.22.168- 134