From the Clients page click on the client you want to edit and click Edit Client found under the More button. Use Edit Client to see details of existing clients and make some changes to their settings. You can also alter clients between Virtual and Residential here.
Status: This shows the status of the client’s services:
- Active: The client is being provisioned with all contracted services.
- Decommissioned: The client’s account has been closed down and service provision has ceased. The status of such clients will be ‘Inactive’ and they should appear in the Show Inactive Clients area of the clients page.
- Suspended: Service provision for this client has temporarily ceased. This will cease both Telephone Lines and the Clients Internet access.
Status can be changed using the Edit Status button:
- Activate: When a client is scheduled to receive services in the future (this is marked New in the client table) they may need to be manually activated. Do this here.
- Decommission: Decommissioning a client closes the client’s contract and ceases their services.
- Suspend/Unsuspend: This has the same effect as decommission, but only temporarily. Services can be reactivated for the client in Client > Edit Client by returning to Edit Status and selecting ‘Unsuspend’.
- Convert: Use to change the type of client between ‘Residential’ and ‘Virtual’. For instructions Click here.
Decommission gives you the option to schedule a client to be decommissioned at a future date. If you want to cancel a scheduled decommission you can do this by returning to Edit Status and selecting Cancel Scheduled Decommission.
Office: Here you can see all the offices that a residential client has provisioned with telephony services. For virtual clients this field will say ‘Virtual Client’. For more information on different types of client Click here.
Billing Ref: Use this reference number when requesting billing information. You can enter a number that you want to use relative to your own billing system, or you can leave the field blank and Connect will generate a number for you.
Client Name: This shows the name by which the client is currently being referred. The Client’s name can be altered or changed here.
Start Date: This is the date on which the client’s contract is due to start, it may be in the past.
End Date: This is the date on which the client is scheduled to move out of the building. It has no actual effect on service provision but should be updated to reflect the status of the client. If this date is in the past it will appear in red.