Wi-Fi services are key to delivering a great workspace experience. Wi-Fi analytics can help you improve capacity planning, discover and close up-sell and cross-sell opportunities, prevent churn and launch timely marketing campaigns to drive demand for unused space such as meeting rooms, event space and desks.
Accessing Wi-Fi Stats
*only available to Username based Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi Secure) enabled sites.
You can access the new Wi-Fi stats in Connect by going to:
- Reporting > Wi-Fi Statistics
1. Wi-Fi Secure - Snapshot
*Stats include Members with an Active Username Based Wi-Fi Status
The Snapshot provides Day, Week, Month and Custom views and is split in two parts:
- Gauges - a site level overview of the number of members seen online, split by Virtual/Lounge, Resident and All Members (Virtual/Lounge & Resident)
- Stacked Bars - a tenant/company level overview of the number of members seen online, split by Existing, New and Inactive Members
The Snapshot Gauges will help you:
- Understand your existing tenant and member numbers, types and split, making it easier to work out your occupancy levels and identify potential churn issues
*The total number of members displayed is based on the number of members last seen within the past 3 months from the selected date.
The Snapshot Stacked Bars will help you:
- Check if you are on the right track for growth by looking at the number of new members and tenants added within a Month or Custom date such as a Quarter.
When you see an increase in the number of new members within a company, you can consider up/cross-sell opportunities around bandwidth and space.
- Understand changes within your tenant and member structure so that you can spot opportunities or address potential churn.
When you see a large number of inactive resident members for an extended period of time, there may be potential churn threats to address.
*Existing Members - first seen before selected date/s and online on date/s
*New Members - first seen on/during a selected date/s
*Inactive Members - not seen online during a selected date/s
*Total Registered Members - last seen within the last 3 months
Clicking on any company on the stacked bar will take you to a list containing individual member details: name, email, number of sessions (days), duration of sessions, number of devices connected and MAC address. You can export the list.
You can also take a look at the bandwidth graphs for a certain tenant to see what their bandwidth consumption is and whether there's an opportunity to upgrade the service.
2. Wi-Fi Secure - Heatmap
The Heatmap gives you a site level overview of the busiest times throughout a day, by determining the number of concurrent members seen online during specific intervals.
You can see a heatmap for a given Day, Week, Month or custom period and split by Virtual/Lounge, Resident and All Members (Virtual/Lounge & Resident).
The heatmap will help you:
- Improve capacity planning - making sure you have the right number of team members available during the busiest days of the week and times of the day.
- Deliver just-in-time marketing campaigns to maximise occupancy or space utilization levels by promoting meeting rooms, event space or coworking plans.
You can also take a look at the bandwidth graphs for your site to ensure the right level of service is provided during peak times.
Clicking on a specific time on the heatmap will display a list of members seen online at that time, the start and end time of their sessions. You can export the list.
3. Guest Monitor
Guest Monitor shows you:
- which devices have most frequently accessed your guest Wi-Fi service
- the details captured (name, email etc.) from the splash screen each time that device accessed the Guest Wi-Fi
- the number of days and duration of the visit, over the time frame selected
You can select from Day, Week, Month and Custom date views and select a particular Guest to drill down into more detail around times visited.
Guest monitor will help you:
- Prevent regular guests and customers from abusing Guest Wi-Fi services by identifying them.
4. Guest Marketing
Guest Marketing provides details on all those who accessed Guest Wi-Fi within a chosen period of time - Day, Week, Month, Custom.
It includes key information provided on the Guest Wi-Fi Splash page, alongside the dates, times and duration of the visits.
Guest marketing will help you:
- Communicate easily with prospects especially after walk-in visits or tour requests.
- Identify any existing members who use Guest Wi-Fi extensively instead of Lounge or Wi-Fi Secure services.
If you are just getting started with Wi-Fi Services, you may find these articles useful: