If you have a space that you want to either book as a whole or separately, you can use the Related Space feature, available on Meeting Room product records. Learn more about setting up meeting rooms in Operate.
Your Meeting Room records allow you to connect a particular room with others within your building, typically rooms that are layed out in such a way so that they can be either used separately or as one.
Let's assume you have two rooms that are partially separated or connected by an entrance from one to the other.
You can set this area up within Operate as follows:
- Add a Meeting Room Product for Room 1 of this area - select the alpha room as Related Space, this means that when Room 1 is booked out the alpha room will be blocked out too.
- Add a second Meeting Room Product for Room 2 - select the alpha room as Related Space, this means that when Room 2 is booked out the alpha room will be blocked out too.
- Add a third Meeting Room Product for the entire space Let's call this The Alpha Room. Then select Room 1 and Room 2 as Related Space, this means that when the Alpha Room is booked, both Room 1 and Room 2 will show as unavailable.
The booking behaviour is the following:
- If you either book Room 1 or Room 2, they will be booked individually, without blocking the other room, which will remain available for a separate booking by the same or a different customer.
- If you book The Alpha Room, both Room 1 and Room 2 will be blocked on your Calendar and will not be available for other bookings, because by selecting The Alpha Room, you are booking both of the rooms at once. This happens because you have selected the two rooms as Related Space..