When a Customer provides confirmation of terminating their contract you must enter in the Licence the date the notice is received and the expected leaving date.
Go into the Licences section of their account page and select the relevant Active licence for that Customer.
You may need to do this process several times depending on the amount of licences the Customer has i.e. Rent licences and Contract Services licences.
Once you enter the licence, select the Give notice button
- (1) Enter in the “Date notice given” – i.e. the date the termination letter / confirmation received
- (2) Enter in the “Terminate Licence On” – i.e. the date the Customer is due to leave
This will then change the End dates / Review dates in the General Section – see below:
The End / Review dates will also be changed in All the services i.e. Rent, Virtual and Contract Services.
The Notice section will store the Notice given and Expected move out date.
This will therefore stop the billing from the Expected Move out Date and along with the account end date can be used as a method to prevent a customer from being billed rent or contracted services.
Extending a licence after notice has been given
Should the Customer then request that the Expected move out date to be extended by a further period i.e. a further month, you have the option to “Extend”.
Again, Select the relevant Activated Licences in the Licence Icon. You will need to do this for all the Activated licences that the Customer has.
Click on the “Extend” Option at the top of the Licence.
The following box will appear:
Change this date to the revised Expected move out date.
This will change the end dates in the General section and All relevant services section.
The payment schedules will therefore stop billing at the revised end date and the notice section will also store the revised dates.
Terminating a licence after notice has been given
Should the Customer not extend the licence and terminate the licence on the expected move out date.
Again, Select the relevant Activated Licences in the Licence section. You will need to do this for all the Activated licences that the Customer has - you should also see that the licence status has now updated to Expired (if the move out date has passed) or Expiring (if the move out date is in the future)
Once you have selected terminate, you will see the following screen
- (1) enter the date that you wish to recognise the termination
- (2) enter the reason for termination - e.g if they have gone to a competitor
- (3) enter a movement type (this allows you to track your licence movement - e.g if they are downsizing or upgrading)
- (4) if they are moving to a virtual service or alternatively if you have a forwarding address for their new location enter this here.
You can also view a report of all terminated licences during a specified time frame using the Terminated Licence Report.