Within Operate you can create tasks and assign them to specific team members; then easily manage them.
This is a great way to keep track of your negotiations process and ensure that your prospects are being followed up with.
You can also use tasks to keep a record of things you’ve already done and want to reference within the system.
Creating a Task from an Opportunity
First, go to Sales > Opportunities and select the Opportunity record you want to add a task for.
On the Opportunity record page, click on New Task, on the right side of your screen. Since you are doing this from the opportunity, then this task will always be associated with the opportunity you raise it from -
Then enter your task details:
- Select the Owner of the task - This is the person who is responsible for its completion.
- Add a Subject - This should be a concise description of the task. For instance: Call ABC Company CEO before meeting.
- Select a Start and End Date.
- Choose the task Type from the following options -
Task - anything that needs to be done and does not fit into the other provided categories.
Call - When the task involves calling someone.
Email - When the owner has to send an email message.
Meeting - When the owner has to meet with someone.
SMS - When an SMS message needs to be sent.
- Select a Status
- Add a Comment - This is where you might want to add a more detailed description of the task; that could help the responsible person know what they have to do.
- Choose a Priority: High, Medium or Low.
- Add a Reminder - You can notify the owner about the completion of this task 5min to 24h prior to the end date. Check the checkbox, then select the time. When it’s time for the owner to be notified, they will see a Reminder notification on the bottom right of their Operate screen. They can snooze or dismiss the reminder.
- You can tick Notify owner by email to sync this task with the Owners email client - this way they will have the task in their outlook or Gmail Calendar.
Viewing your Open & Outstanding Tasks
There are two ways you can view open tasks - you can either go to the opportunity and then you will be able to see the incomplete task under "Open Tasks"
Alternatively you can also see a list of all of your open tasks by going to the "Tasks" header on the main navigation bar (1) - and then choose the view "Today & Overdue Tasks"(2) and finally select your name from the user dropdown (3) and then you will see a list of outstanding tasks assinged to you (4)
Completing a Task
Once you have completed your task, you should mark it as complete - this will allow your sales managers to see activity against your prospects and help you to keep a track of what activities you have completed with your prospect.
To complete a task first open it and then select one of the following options -
- Complete Task (1) - this will just mark the task as completed and it will no longer show as outstanding.
- Complete Task & Create New (2) - you can use this option if you have a task to follow up with a prospect and you complete this however they politely ask you to call back in a few days - this will allow you to mark the original task as completed and create a new one to call back.
- Complete & Book Tour (3) - if you secure a viewing when you complete a task you can use this option to enter the viewing details.