Self Service Customer Music On Hold is now available in the marketplace which will enable you to upload and change hold music for your tenants through Connect. You can upload up to 3 different files to be selected from. Music on hold can be changed at anytime through Connect and reflects automatically once the process is completed.
How To Setup Custom Music On Hold
- Select your Client and go to Service > Manage Services
- Click "Add and Edit Services" & search for Music on Hold to add and save
Using Custom Music On Hold
- Navigate to Client Manager > Telephone Manger & Click on Group Features under Features Setup
- Click Browse and select the file you want to use as your Custom Music on Hold
- Select the uploaded file & Click Save
Once completed your Custom Hold Music be automatically updated.
The public use of recorded music legally requires tenants to have a PPL and PRS licence. Tenants can obtain these licenses at:
PPL (UK) – http://www.ppluk.com
PRS (UK) – https://www.prsformusic.com
BMI (US) - https://www.bmi.com/services
Tenants are fully responsible for obtaining the licenses required for their hold music. essensys will not check if tenants have the correct licences and will not be held accountable for any infringements of licensing regulations.
Audio File Requirements: WAV file, the sample rate is 8000Hz and the encoding is unsigned 8-bit PCM.
If your file is not in the required format there are file conversion programs which you can search for on the Internet here.
Please note if your tenant uses call answering and a call comes into reception, before it is directed towards a tenant, the default reception hold music will play, not the tenants custom hold music.