In order for us to automatically build and publish your customised Mobile App, you will need to set up a Google Play account and API key. The detailed steps below talk you through the process you need to follow to set up your Google Play account successfully.
- First go to: https://play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/ and sign up for a Developer account.
- Read and agree to the Google Play Developer distribution agreement.
- Pay the registration fee for your account.
- Fill out your Google Play Developer Profile.
- Under Settings : Developer Account go to Users and permissions click INVITE USER
- Under Email please type email@example.com for Role select Administrator for Permission please tick all boxes. After please click SEND INVITATION
- Under Settings : Developer Account go to API Access (https://play.google.com/apps/publish/#ApiAccessPlace).
- Accept the API Terms of Service.
- Click Create Project
- Check that Google Play Android Developer says UNLINK (i.e it’s already linked).
- Under Service Accounts, click the Create Service Account button to begin the process.
- In the instructions, click the link to the Google API Console.
- Click the CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT button, on the newly opened page.
- Choose a name for the new Service Account, and click Create.
- Click the Select a role (not optional despite what it says!) in the drop-down menu. Select Project, then Owner. Navigate to the next step by clicking Continue.
- On the new page click + Create Key (optional) and a modal appears.
- Select JSON and click CREATE and a file with the .json extension will download to your system that you will need to send to your essensys Customer Success contact.
- Once you've created the service account on the Google Developers Console, click Done. The API Access page automatically refreshes, and your service account will be listed.
- Close the window and the new service account shows on the original page. Click the Grant Access button to complete the process.
For further details with screenshots please see a Google Play help article here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above process, please speak to your Customer Success Manager.