If your organisation is using GoCardless as a payment method within the essensys Mobile App, your users can easily make one-off and recurring invoice payments via Direct Debit. This guide will take you through the process that a user needs to follow in order to pay.
If you need to set up GoCardless as a payment processor, please follow the GoCardless Setup Guide.
Good to Know
- GoCardless payments are being processed as Direct Debits and do not require a debit or credit card; only a bank account with an account number or IBAN.
- Both one time and recurring payments are accepted.
- Recurring payments only apply to memberships or invoices. Meeting Room bookings, Desk bookings, Product/Service purchases or Credit Packs are only payable on a one time basis.
- When making a recurring payment, GoCardless will retain the transaction information you submit. Subsequently, the Operator will be able to charge you automatically for due invoices, using a payment token. Neither essensys nor the building Operator have access to your submitted payment information, only to a payment token which is used to process automatic charges.
We will provide examples below using the Invoice payment flow.
Getting Started Making an Invoice Payment
To pay an invoice, please follow the steps below:
- Open your essensys Mobile App.
- Tap Invoices.
- Tap the invoice you want to pay.
- Click the Pay button right below it. The button is only visible for the invoice you tap on.
- Next, select whether you would like to make a One off or a Recurring Payment. The one off payment will pay for a single invoice. A recurring payment means that you will be charged automatically by the building Operator each billing cycle, on the account you use when initiating the recurring payments. You will no longer need to pay invoices yourself.
- Click Continue when you are ready to proceed to the payment page.
The GoCardless Payment Page
This page requires some basic information in order to complete your transactions. The page is the same, regardless of whether you are making a one time or a recurring payment. The only difference is that when you choose to make a recurring payment, GoCardless will save your transaction information to allow the Operator to charge you in the future. Your data is retained by GoCardless, not the Operator.
The fields you will be required to fill our are the following:
- Company Name or your First and Last Name. Use the Click here to use your name link to switch from company name to your own name. You will still be given the option to use a company name if you change your mind.
- Sort Code - This is your bank's sort code. It is typically available on your bank's webpage under the same name.
- Your account Number. You can choose to enter an IBAN if your bank account uses one.
- Your address: You can enter your postcode and GoCardless will automatically add it; or you can enter it manually.
- Your Email.
Tick the box under the form if more than one person needs to authorise Direct Debits from your account. In such a case, GoCardless will need all signatories to sign a paper version of the Direct Debit mandate. They will give you instructions on how to do this after you complete this form. if it is a joint account but you can authorise payments on your own, you should untick this box.
Click Set up Direct Debit when you are ready.
Once you complete the payment, the status of your invoice will become Paid.