Product Groups represent a method of product categorization within Operate; to make it easier for you to both classify your products within the system and to navigate through them.
In addition, Product Groups determine the availability of your products e.g: a product with Catering and Facilities default product group can be added as an add on to meeting room bookings.
A product within a reservations default group can be reserved via the calendar in Operate.
You will be required to select a Product Group when setting up a new product; and you therefore need to make sure that it is placed into the appropriate one.
All of your Product Groups are available under Space > Product Groups.
Adding a New Product Group
To add a new Product Group, go to Space > Product Groups and click the New button at the top of the list.
- Enter your Product Group Name
- Add a Description.
- Check the checkbox that corresponds to your specific product group:
a) Events Product Group - If this product group relates to events organized at your location and made available to your community. Read more about adding events to your Portal or about how your customers can register.
b) Catering Product Group - products with Catering and Facilities default product group can be added as an add on to meeting room bookings.
c) Reservations Product Group - Check this box if the group relates to reservations and you wish the product to display in the calendar and be consumed via the calendar - e.g Desks, Meeting Rooms, Parking (if its by the hour).
d) Facilities Product Group - Check this box if the group relates to facilities, this will also enable the products using a group with this box checked to be consumed as an add-on to a reservation.
- Group Cannot be Discounted - Check this checkbox if you don’t want to apply discounts to any product belonging to this group. The discount related options will not be removed if you check this box. You can add and view existing discounts against the group, they just won't be applied as long as this checkbox is checked.
- Check Display Product Reference in Group Reference Text if you want this - This controls how the reference text is displayed on an invoice. If the invoice is summarized at group level, this will update the group reference text to use all the reference texts from the line items.
- Tick Show Detail if you would like to display a detailed list of the group on the invoice rather than just summarizing the charge. If an invoice has a summarized first page then this option tells this group not to include a summary on this page.
- Tick the box to Display Detail in Group Reference Text if required - This controls how the reference text is displayed on an invoice. If the invoice is summarized at group level, this will update the group reference text to use all the product names from the line items.
- Check the box if you want the product group to be Billed In Advance.
- Save your changes when your settings are complete.
Editing / Updating Product Groups
To get started, go to Space > Product Groups.
You can edit a single product group by clicking the pencil icon next to it. You can also make updates to several product groups at a time, by selecting them in the list (tick the box to do so); and then clicking the Update button at the top of the list. Select an option from the menu that comes up to complete the update.
Viewing a Product Group
To view a product group, go to Space > Product Groups and click the Product Group Name. You will be taken to a detail page that shows the information that has been entered for the record; as well as system information, added automatically by Operate.
This is where you can also edit, copy, delete or view events related to the product group record.
Removing a Product Group
Go to Space > Product Group and find your desired group in the list. Click the red “x” next to it and confirm the deletion. You can also select multiple groups in the list, then click the Delete button at the top of the list.