An Aged Debtors report provides you with details about how much you were / are owed within a certain period of time.
There are two ways to view Aged Debtors in Operate: Either through the Accounts Receivable module or using a report.
Aged Debtors Accounts Receivable Feature
A first way to see aged debtors is to go to Invoicing > Accounts Receivable and click Aged Debtors at the top left of the list.
Now you can filter your customers using a wide variety of time frames. Your list will then only show the customers who have outstanding payments within the selected period.
Aged Debtors Analysis Reports
In addition to the feature available within your Accounts Receivable, you can also run several reports:
- Aged Debtors Analysis - This report provides a summarized analysis of your aged debtors. It includes totals per customer.
- Aged Debtors Analysis (No Deposits) - This report provides a summarized analysis of debtors, excluding deposit related debts.
- Aged Debtors Analysis Detail - This report is a detailed aged debtors analysis. It includes detail information on amounts due per customer, per transaction.
- Outstanding Aged Debtors - This report shows debtors with outstanding invoices.
The Aged Debtor Analysis Explained
A detailed Aged Debtor Analysis Report will include the following columns (The other reports only contain some of them):
- No. - The number that has been allocated to the document accompanying the transaction.
- Date - The transaction date.
- Type - The type of document accompanying the transaction (e.g.: a payment an invoice or a Credit Note).
- Reference - Any reference text added to the document accompanying the transaction.
- Balance - The current balance of the customer.
- Current - The amount that the customer is currently owing (outstanding).
- 30 Days - The amount that the customer is owing for invoices generated within the past month.
- 60 Days - The amount that the customer has owed for invoices generated two months ago.
- 90 Days - The amount that the customer has owed for invoices generated three months ago.
- Over 120 Days - The amount that the customer has owed for invoices generated over three months ago.
- Unallocated Cash - This represents cash payments that have not been allocated to an invoice.
To run any of these reports, go to Reports and filter by 'Aged Debtors'.