When creating a workflow, you might want to add tasks for situations when you need to call a prospect, arrange catering for a meeting room booking or notify customers about their bookings, tours or due dates; create to-do lists for your team; etc.
In order to do this, Open the workflow that you want to add a Task workflow action to, and click on the New button under Workflow Actions.
1. Select Task and click Add:
2. Now configure the Task:
- Give the action a name (something that will easily tell a user what the action does)
- Check the box for Time Based if required - note that this should be set in the future and is when the task will be created (start Date/time of the task) its currently not possible to set a due date for tasks in Operate.
- Define the task details
- Specify who will receive the task from the Owner dropdown. Here, you will have the option of choosing to have the task assigned to the "Record owner" or a specific user within your organization.
- Make the workflow action active by checking the box 'Make action active' and Save