Licences Don’t Renew
If you have Licences that you were expecting to automatically renew, and they didn't, you should check the following:
- On the Licence, click Renew and set How many months would you like to renew for set to any number other than 0.
- The notice period is set to a monthly amount other than 0. The auto-renewals run based on the notice period so if there is a 0, the auto-renew won’t occur until the actual date of renewal instead of a month (or more) prior.
- Make sure that the end date of the Licence correlates with the renew date on the Renew section. i.e. if the end date is 31/7 then the renew date should be 1/8.
- The end dates on each Item on the Licence matches with the Licence end date.
Licence Renewals when the Notice Period is longer than the Licence Start to End Date
The auto-renew script looks at the renewal date (normally the next date after the end date of licence) and the notice period). If the renewal date is less than the the notice period required to renew, the Licence will still renew.
A Product or Service is not Available to Add to the Licence
This can occur for one of the following two reasons:
- Your product or service start date is set after the licence start date. Go to Space > Products and find the product you need, then check the date to make sure.
- The product is not an office, virtual service or other service. Products set up as desks or meeting rooms are not available within Licences.
- The product is discontinued - Go to Space > Products, find your product, edit it and make sure that the 'Discontinued' checkbox is unchecked.
Adding more Workstations to an Office
If you activate a Licence containing an office with a certain number of workstations, then you need to change that, there are a few best practices you can follow:
- Edit the active licence and increase the actual workstations count, then either up the office rent starting with the month when the new cost has incurred or add a new service item called 'Additional Occupant' to makage the new cost under.
- If you wanted to maintain historic data of which month the actual workstation count increased, you would need to terminate the existing licence and create a new one.
How to Apply a Discount to a Prorated Charge?
When applying discounts on a Licence item, it will apply to the full price of the office or service and not to the month's charge. Therefore, if you have a prorated charge, the discount cannot be applied to it. The calculation is List Price - Discount = Monthly Price (to which the prorate applies).
Invoices Are Being Raised for Expired Licences
Invoices being raised on expired licences can be happening for two reasons;
- The licence has not been terminated – if a licence has not been terminated it will still continue to generate invoices.
- There is a preference applied that auto rolls your licence schedule. To check this, go to Settings > General > System > Operate Settings > Member Settings and make sure that Do not auto roll schedule is unticled.
The Client is Still Being Billed after the Licence End Date
There are three options that will prevent this from happening:
- Terminate the licence - Go to Member > Licences > Edit the relevant licence and terminate it. This will stop all invoices from being issued.
- Terminate the Account - Go to Member > Accounts > Edit the relevant Account and set an End Date under At a Glance. This will discontinue the Account and prevent the Client from being billed beyond this date.
- Go to Settings > General > System > Operate Settings > Member Settings and make sure that Do not auto roll schedule is un-ticled. Please note that this setting is global and will apply to all of your customers.
Client Invoices Are not Being Pulled through During Bill Run
If your customer account is discontinued, no further invoices will be issued. If your Licence agreement shows that you should still issue invoices for a customer, please check their account under Member > Accounts and see what End Date is set under At a Glance. You can set this date to be the same as the Licence End Date and your customer’s billing will stop at the same time as the licence.
Invoices Are Not Prorated and Are Billed for a Full Month
Go to Settings > General > System > Operate Settings > Member Settings and make sure that Do not auto roll schedule is un-ticled. This ensures that customer billing does not extend past the licence end date. Please note that this setting is global and will apply to all of your customers.