The Operate Member Portal allows users to add two types of payment methods when using RentShare: Bank Account and Credit/Debit Card.
Adding new RentShare payment methods
A payment method may be added when making a first payment on the portal but also without making a payment.
To add a payment method, without making a payment, start by hovering over your username in the main menu bar, then selecting Payment Settings.
Next, click Manage Account.
You will be presented with the following window, which allows you to:
- Set a payment method, under With.
- View the fee applicable to your payments.
- Turn Autopay on or off using the toggle - this allows you to enable or disable recurring payments on the portal - e.g. for your monthly rent invoices.
If there is an existing payment method, you will see it listed under "with". Click the dropdown and select Add a New Payment Method.
You will have the possibility to either add a Bank Account or a Credit/Debit Card.
There is no fee for bank account payments. For Credit Card payments, RentShare charges a 2.89% transaction fee; while Debit Card payments are charged with 0.99%/payment.
To add a Bank Account, select the corresponding tab, then enter the required information:
- Your Account Number - enter then confirm it.
- The Routing Number - Also called an RTN. If you do not have it, please contact your bank to obtain it.
- Your Full Name.
To add a Credit/Debit Card, first select the corresponding tab then enter the required information:
- Your Card Number.
- The Security Code on your Card.
- The Name on your Card.
- Your Card's Expiration Date.
- Your Address - Please enter your address exactly as shown in the example in the field; otherwise it will not be validated.