Until it becomes a new deal, an opportunity may go through a series of stages, which Operate allows you to keep track of. Some of the most common are:
- New Opportunity - This designates a new opportunity / freshly converted lead.
- Tour Arranged - A tour has been arranged for the opportunity.
- Toured - Your space has been toured.
- Under Offer - The potential customer has received an offer from you.
- Checked In - the customer now has a Licence and has checked into your space.
- Lost - The opportunity has been lost.
Please note that your Operate may or may not contain these specific Stages, depending on your setup.
Updating the Stage of an Opportunity
To update the stage of a particular Opportunity
- Go to Sales > Opportunities
- Select your Opportunity by clicking on its name.
- Click Update Stage, on the right side of the screen.
- Select the desired stage, from the dropdown that comes up.
Customizing Opportunity Stages
You can customize your Opportunity Stages by editing existing or creating new ones.
- Go to Settings > General > Customize > Opportunities > Standard Fields.
- Look for, then select Stages.
- On the Stages screen, scroll down to your list of currently set stages.
- To edit an existing Stage, click the pencil icon next to it. You can edit the Stage Name and the Percentage it adds to the overall % of Opportunity completion.
- Click New to add a new stage. You can set the same fields here as well: the Stage Name and Percentage.
All of your stages will be displayed within the Update Stage Dropdown on your Opportunities.