When creating custom reports in Operate, you have the possibility to use a complex set of filters to narrow down your data. In this guide, we will look into how to use these filters efficiently.
Please have a look at the article on creating custom reports if you need help regarding the overall process. You may also look into other reports related information by going to the Reports section of our Knowledge Base.
The filters will be available on your report creation screen, after you have chosen the type of report you want to create. The list of available filters will depend upon the type of report you select. For the purpose of this guide, we have selected a Leads report.
Using the Date Filter
The Date filters allow you to narrow down your data to a specific time interval. Your report will only contain data that corresponds to the date and date range you select here
Under the Date Field, you can select one of the following options:
You can choose from the following Date Range options:
Using the Quick Filter
The Quick Filter provides further criteria to select, by which you can narrow down your data. These options differ depending on the type of report you are running, but usually allows you to select a location and/or account.
Using Advanced Filters
Here is where you can set even more filters that allow you to report on even more exact data. To set these filters, please follow these steps:
- Select a Field Name from the available list. Choose a condition.
- Enter a value - The value field might require free text or allow you to choose from a list of options
- Repeat these steps when adding the next filters.
- Use the Add New button to add more filters; or the Add Logic button to specify AND and OR conditions for your filters, which change the default AND relationship between each filter.
- Click Apply when you are ready to apply the Advanced Filters.
When adding logic, it’s good to know that:
- AND ties two fields together, so that your list view contains both or all fields (e.g.: 1 AND 2 AND 3).
- OR will make your list view display either one field or the other; depending on your selection. (e.g.: 1 OR 2 OR 3).
- You can combine AND and OR in more complex expressions; in which case you can use parentheses.
Each filter you apply represents a new criteria by which your data is being narrowed down within the report. At the same time, the Quick and Advanced filters will consider the data that has already been filtered through the Date Filter, while the Advanced Filter will be applied to the data filtered by the previous two filters.
The resulting report will meet ALL of the filters you apply.
In the example below, the report will list leads that have been created between 01/01/2017 and 31/02/2017 and that belong to All Locations and Accounts. In addition, the reported leads have been converted today, belong to a Resident client type and come from Offices Direct.