A vanity URL is a unique web address that is branded for marketing purposes. Vanity URLs are a type of custom URL that exists to help users remember and find specific web addresses easier.
This guide will take you through the steps required to create and set up your vanity URL on the Member Portal. To make it easier to follow the guide, we will follow the example below:
The workflow for changing the address consists of the following steps:
Decide what the Vanity URL should be
- You can use your own domain (eg. freshwork.space), or purchase and register a new one from any domain registrar.
- Create a subdomain (eg. “my” – my.freshwork.space).
- You already have your desired Vanity URL ( eg. my.freshwork.space) registered.
Register your Vanity URL in essensys Operate
Before you complete this step you must configure your DNS record for the vanity domain as a CNAME. To learn more click here.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Operate Portal > essensys Portal > Step 5
You can change the subdomain for your default portal URL by clicking the ‘Change URL’ button. A pop-up box will be displayed prompting you to input the desired subdomain.
- Tick the ‘Set up Vanity Domain’ box and specify your Vanity URL
- Configure your DNS record for the vanity domain as a CNAME pointing to the address specified on the Member Portal screen.
- Click “Verify” once you have configured your DNS record for the vanity domain as a CNAME – this will trigger the provisioning of an SSL certificate required for your vanity URL to work, a process that can take up to 1 hour.
- Check the status to see when you can start using your vanity URL
Update Internal and member facing references
Once your chosen vanity domain has been verified please change the embedded html links you have within your website to reference the correct URL.
- Meeting Room and Desk Booking Widgets:
<iframe src="https:// my.freshwork.space /externalbooker.aspx" >
<iframe src="https:// my.freshwork.space /portal/desks/externaldeskbooker.aspx" >
- Update Online Plans Link on your website:
- Web-to-Lead Forms (28th Feb. 2018):
<form action="https:// xxx.esseny.tech/..." method="POST">
- Make sure you update any URLs white-listed with external providers, e.g. payment processors
- Make sure you add the new IP addresses to any white-lists with external providers, e.g. payment processors