Access Levels Explained
Your Operate Contacts are all able to have access to your Portal and Mobile App if you, or another contact in their Organisation with existing access, invites them.
Whoever invites a Contact can manage the access that the new Contact receives to areas within the Portal and/or Mobile App.
There are 3 levels of access that a Contact can receive:
- Admin - has access to all areas.
- Mid - has access to all areas apart from the My Account area.(The My Account area allows Contacts to view, download or pay invoices, see statements and contract details).
- Basic - has NO access to the My Account area, or the Manage Users area.(The Manage Users area allows Contacts to invite, delete and edit other Contacts within their Organization).
NOTE: The first Contact created for an account will automatically have Admin access.
Users have the same access permissions both in the Portal and the Mobile App, excepting the modules which are currently unavailable in the App.
Here is a detailed list of access permissions for each type of user, along with the availability of the feature within the Mobile App:
Setting Access Levels in Operate
You can set or change the Access Level at any time for any of your Contacts in Operate.
To do this, go to Contacts in the left hand menu to find the Contact in the list; or search for the one that you want to edit using the filter:
Click the pencil icon next to the contact to edit it, scroll and expand the Contact information section. Here is where you will find the Portal Access Level field, where you can select from: Basic, Mid and Admin. Make a selection, then save your changes.
Setting up User Access Levels on the Portal
Client staff members can set access levels themselves, for their own staff. There are two situations when this can be done:
- When inviting a new user to the Portal - Please see Managing Users on Your Member Portal for details.
- When editing an existing user's information, which we will discuss below.
Updating an existing user's access level
- Log into the organization's Portal.
- Hover over the username and select Manage Users.
- Find the user you need in the list and click Edit next to their name.
- Update their access level, then click Change to save you amendment.
It is not possible to change your own access level. In addition, it is currently possible to register more than one user under the same email address. The user accounts are separate, but you will not be able to update the access level of a user registered with the same email address as yours.