Credit notes are used when you need to credit a certain amount back to one of your customers.
To get started creating credit notes, go to Invoicing > Draft Credit notes and click New.
Add basic information to your credit note.
- Select a Location.
- Choose a customer’s Account - this is the customer who will be credited through your note.
- Select the Reason of the credit note - either a billing error or a overcharge.
- Choose a credit note Type - either a human or system error.
- Add Comments if necessary - Here is where you can include any additional information that might be useful.
- Add credit note Text - This could be a short explanation of your credit note or its reasons.
Add Credit Note Lines
- Start by entering a Billing Period.
- Search for the Product for which you want to credit the customer.
- Add a Reference - This can be any reference information that you deem important for this particular charge. References are primarily related to billing dates or periods.
- Enter a Quantity - The default value is “1”.
- Make sure that the List Price is correct. The list price is without tax (which will be added as soon as you select a tax in the next field). The total charge will sum up the list price and tax amount.
- Check that the Discount is correct (if there was any).
- Check the Discounted Price.
- Check the type of Tax.
- Ensure that the Total Price is correct.
- Use the Add a new line button and follow the same steps to add a new credit note line.
- Save your credit note when you are ready.