The Accounts Receivable section of Operate, is where you will find records related to money owed to your company by your customers. This section displays your transactions, along with their payment status. You can find it under Invoicing > Accounts Receivable.
On the Accounts Receivable screen, you will find the following options:
- Export - This allows you to export your records and use them in an external application.
- Aged Debtors - Lets you filter your list of customers and see outstanding payments according to their age within the system.
- Import Opening Balances allows you to import a file
The Accounts Receivable List provides a snapshot of your customers, their location and account financial situation (balance, credit limit and deposit). The list also provides the customer’s telephone number, for quick contact.
Accessing Accounts Receivable for Particular Customers
To see detailed records for a particular customer, simply access Invoicing > Accounts Receivable and find your customer in the list. You may want to use the Filter box to search for your desired customer.
To access a customer’s records, click the name of the customer, found in the Account Name column.
You will be presented with the following screen, which lists the general financial information of the customer; as well as transactions and several options:
- Add payments.
- Use the Accounts Receivable Journal.
- Create a bounced check.
- Add or refund a deposit, and add a deposit offset.
- Create a Statement.
The customer’s Transactions section will allow you to filter out the list according to several criteria.
- Select the time within which the transaction took place.
- Choose the type of transactions that you want to see. You can view all transactions, generated invoices, journal credit, journal debit, payment received and standard invoice.
- Display outstanding transactions only, by ticking the box.
Please read the dedicated guides on each option available within your Accounts Receivable area: