To add a service to Operate, go to Space > Products. Here is where you will set up the service details.
Please note that the billing frequency for recurring services is configured when you add the service to a customer’s licence.
Get started by clicking New. Next, select Service, on the product type screen.
Add Basic Information
- Name your service.
- Select the Product Group to which the service belongs.
- Select the Location where you are providing the service.
- Use the Description box below to add details about your service .
- Add Reference Text as needed.
- Add a Description.
- Upload a Picture.
- Add a Start Date and End Date between which you want to make the service available.
- Check the Discontinued box if/when the service is no longer available.
Add your Pricing
- Enter the Price.
- Add the GL code if necessary.
- Choose the applicable Tax.
- Select a Deposit/Retainer if you are requesting one.
Add Availability Information
Simply select a location on the left and click the right side arrow to make the service available at that particular location. Click the double arrows to move all listed location to the right side panel and make the service available in all of them.
Add Additional Information
Tick any Additional Options that you might want to enable for your service.
- Can be Zero Price - Check to allow adding your product to customer invoices, even if the price is zero. If this checkbox is unchecked, you will not be allowed to add the product to invoices if it is zero-priced.
- Can Book On Portal allows the product to be booked directly on your website if you set that up.
- Product Can Be Bundled allows you to sell this product in a bundle package with other products.
- Recurring Service - Check this option if the product is a recurring service.
- Retainer - Enable this if your product represents a deposit/retainer that customers need to provide when renting space.
- Check SMS Item if this is the case
- Check Metered Charge if the product you’re creating will be used to charge customers based on metered usage (i.e: electricity).
If you cannot see any of the fields discussed above, you can add it by customizing the page layout.
When you are ready, click Save to complete your setup.