To add a time based product to Operate, select Space > Products, in the main navigation menu. Click New to add a new product, then select Time Based. You can use such a product option to set up a membership, for instance. Let’s go through the needed steps and see how to add your product details.
Add Basic Information
- Name your product.
- Enter an Online Alias - This can be the same as the product name.
- Select the Product Group to which the product belongs. In our example, this will be Membership Fees.
- Select the Location where you are renting the space.
- Enter the Floor.
- Add the GL Code if needed.
- Enter the Tax Rate that applies to this meeting room.
- Use the Description box below to add details about your meeting room.
- Upload a Picture.
- Add a Start Date and End Date.
- Check the Discontinued box if/when the product is no longer available.
Add your Pricing
- Enter the Price.
- Add the GL code if necessary.
- Select a Retainer Product.
- Choose the applicable Tax.
Add Availability Information
Simply select a location on the left and click the right side arrow to make the product available at that particular location. Click the double arrows to move all listed location to the right side panel and make the product available in all of them.
Enter Access Options
Simply add the number of hours permitted.
Add Additional Information
Simply tick one of the boxes if you would like to activate the corresponding option:
- Can be Zero Price - Check to allow adding your product to customer invoices, even if the price is zero. If this checkbox is unchecked, you will not be allowed to add the product to invoices if it is zero-priced.
- Can Book On Portal allows the product to be booked directly on your website if you set that up.
- Product Can Be Bundled allows you to sell this product in a bundle package with other products.
- Recurring Service - Check this option if the product is a recurring service.
- Retainer - Enable this if your product represents a deposit/retainer that customers need to provide when renting space.
- Check SMS Item if this is the case
- Check Metered Charge if the product you’re creating will be used to charge customers based on metered usage (i.e: electricity).
If you cannot see any of the fields discussed above, you can add it by customizing the page layout.
When you are ready, click Save to complete your setup.