Operate Function Sheets are based on pre-existing templates that you can easily use when issuing new Function Sheets. These templates can be customised as per your needs. This guide, will show you how.
- Go to the Settings tab, in the main navigation menu, then select General.
- Select Templates.
- Select Function Sheet Templates.
- To create a new template, click New.
- Select the template you want to use - You can start creating your template from scratch, using the blank; or you can use a pre-existing layout which can help customize your template a lot faster. We will work with such a layout in our examples below.
- Once you have selected the layout you want to use, you will be presented with the following screen:
- Click the Template Settings button to expand its options. Here is where you can name your template, set the paper size, choose if you want to add a header and footer and determine the size of your margins.
- Click Add Merge Fields to expand the options. Here is where you can add fields to your Function Sheet. First, select a field category, then select a merge field. In our example, we are looking into the Locations category and we are adding a Site Name field. Now that the field is selected, all you need to do is click and drag it onto the Function Sheet layout, wherever you want to place it. Please see the demonstration below.
- Repeat this process for as many fields as you need to add.
- Next, you can customize the look of your Function Sheet, using the editor on the right. You can customize fonts, font sizes, colors, formatting or alignment. You can add page breaks, boxes, images, tables or Function Sheet sections. Here is a brief demonstration of the options you can use in the editor:
- You can add a header and footer to your template as well - please read more here.
- You can remove page breaks by selecting the Source view and removing this block of code (you will need to remove one block per page break)
<div class="page-break" style="page-break-before:always"><span contenteditable="false">Page Break</span></div>
- Save your template when you are happy with it. Once saved, you will be able to use it in your Calendar and issue Function Sheet Forms..
- If you want to make changes in the future, you can edit default or custom templates any time, using the pencil icon next to the template. You can delete a template using the “x” sign.
- To update multiple templates at once, use the Update button at the top of the list and choose the elements that you would like to update.